Tuatara was responsible for the environment VFX on Valorant’s Sunset map. Me and Christian Gonzalez, with the support of Bruno Afonseca collaborated with Riot’s VFX, Environment and Concept artists.
- Kingdom building with several bespoke mesh based effects, plus particle sparks. VFX on sinkhole in front of building (not pictured) made by Valeria Yang.
- Destroyed tower with Radianite effects seen from the gameplay perspective.
- Destroyed tower with Radianite effects seen from a couple of different angles.
- Central area in the map with gentle and unobtrusive ambient effects to avoid interfering with gameplay.
- Fountain using a mix of material techniques.
- Market zone in the map showing a large variety of ambient VFX such as light shafts, glows, dust motes and vertex shader moths. Worked in tandem with Valeria Yang on this area.
Tuatara VFX Team (Artstation):
Riot Team (Artstation):